Sunday, May 15, 2011

The "Cortland Prophetic Fair"

Last Monday (May 9) I presented an event proposal to my Popular Culture college class called the Cortland Prophetic Fair. (There is actually a Cortland Psychic Fair that takes place every year in October.)

I made a list of the names of those who I would like to attend and present at my imaginary event, including some of the "big" names today that do such prophetic evangelism ministry. I would also be one of the ministers there, my table was entitled "What Does the Spirit Say?" I explained that I was not a psychic, and the true prophetic was based on Christianity.

My professor asked me the week before if I would do a a demonstration of my abilities to the class. I was pretty nervous, but I knew the Lord would deliver. So, under the Spirit's direction I pointed to one of the students in the class sitting near the front and said "You have trouble making decisions." His roommate was sitting across from him and said me and the class, "I tell him that all the time!" Then I had words for a couple others, which they said were accurate.

I don't think most of the people in the class were even saved, but it must have gotten them thinking. The point I am trying to make is it is time for so many of us to step out and let the Lord use us.

Yes, there was much personal preparation I had to go through in order for me to be ready to be available and used for this final class project. I have had to deal with self promotion and jealousy when I would see someone getting used in a way I wanted to be used. I was watching the head of the campus ministry at my college praise a certain woman near my age for being so anointed while he totally overlooked me. The Lord promised me nine years ago when I was dealing with this issue that if I would deal with my heart, that He would promote me someday. What happened on campus for my final undergraduate project gave me much encouragement that a new season had come for me. I have been passing the tests.

Now I share this story not to draw attention to myself and ask if I can be the next speaker at your conference, lol, although I know I am called to the nations and will be speaking at conferences someday, but right now I am exhorting the church to deal with issues and step out, for the night is soon coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment