Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Knowing the Pleasure of the Lord

Knowing the pleasure of the Lord is what keeps me going in my daily life. I face the displeasure of man so often and being able to come into the Lord's presence and know His delight in me as a real experience is a wonderful thing. It is the exact opposite of living in failure and condemnation, for only the enemy brings condemnation.

Desiring to bring the Lord pleasure has become a personal measuring stick for me. With Him, since we have been accepted in Christ, if we live in obedience to Him and His voice, we can know we are "good enough." With man, we may not be good enough, but with God, we can be.

I am a single mother, college student, soon to be graduate student, and putting my own daughter through college as well. I have tons on my plate, and to be honest, my house does not get cleaned on a regular basis. But it is picked up and organized where it needs to be. You know what?? I feel the Lord is pleased with how I do things around my house. As far as my college studies, I do not read every word in my textbooks, I have to be selective and pick and choose the best way to study. I have to live my entire life that way and constantly prioritize or else I would get completely overwhelmed very fast. I have to use the measuring stick of knowing God's pleasure.

I have lived so long this way I do not know how to live any other way. What is there to live for otherwise? A set of man made expectations and rules that get told to us at every turn? We can know His pleasure for sure. If you don't know what I am talking about, you can!!

3 comments:

  1. It is always good to say our words... our heart cries... our experiences...keep seeking Him... not things to say... hearing His voice and responding to it with your responses here on your blog... blessings Terry... He loves you even more than you already know... :)
    philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Terry! This is actually very motivating. God bless you and please continue to shine I feel that when we seek our Father God, with full intention of knowing Him more and honoring His place in our lives, then, we're heading in the right direction. Everything else in our lives follows suit and those things are called blessed "because" of our relationship with God. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I could encourage somebody! I plan to write more soon, and add polls.

    ReplyDelete