Monday, February 21, 2011

How does one achieve the high call?

There is a high call that we as Christians can attain. This high call is referring to our standing and place in heaven, as not all Christians will be found in an equal place there. There are those in each church who “overcome” as Christ stated in the book of Revelation. Those who overcome are counted worthy to “sit with Christ in His throne.” Just becoming saved does not get you there, one has to live a life worthy of attaining this goal.


This is truly where the last shall be first and the first shall be last. This brings great encouragement to me because I have been regarded as the "last" in the eyes of man most of my life!!! You mean I don't have to set a goal to be a famous Christian, get my works published on the "big" prophetic websites where the "big" names go?? You mean I can be just as anointed as they are and be completely unknown?? Yes, a thousand times yes!!!


What is God's goal, then for us to attain the high call? Quite simply, it is allowing the Lord's image to be formed in us by overcoming our daily trials. When we allow the Lord to form us into His image, we become worthy of the high call. When reviled and betrayed or even misunderstood, do we forgive or hold onto grudges? Do we bless and not curse, even when our flesh screams at us that we should curse?


I received great encouragement from the Lord even yesterday (Sunday 20 Feb) regarding this. As I was walking during a town festival I felt the Lord's love in me for a certain person, someone who does not know the Lord, and there was no reason for me to feel this other than the fact that God was doing a work in me, conforming me into His image and likeness. I looked into the eyes of some of the people at this festival, and they looked so empty, even though most were very well educated and had much as far as the world was concerned. While watching these, I felt like I was being bathed in a pool of liquid love. I did not want the feeling to end.


Understand that I live in constant state of rejection and misunderstanding by the people closest to me, and I must constantly make the choice to love in the face of what is not love. It is not easy, but it is the way of Christ. When the Lord gives me such feelings such as I knew Sunday I know it is Him making me into His image. He wants us to love in the face of hate.


We must always evaluate ourselves and allow to the Lord to search us to see if our love is bright or is getting cold. This is a major way we can know we are worthy of attaining the high call. We have to allow the Lord to search us always as the Lord will always reveal to us if we want Him to what is not worthy of Him. If we set our hearts to attain the high call, He will be faithful to keep us on that path. These, in God's eyes, are the truly great ones. Remember that many with great ministries on this earth will not be great in heaven because they have not chosen to love. Only if you keep your own heart pure can you be someone great in heaven, and be counted worthy to sit with Christ. Don't be one of the foolish virgins, when the potential of so great a call beckons to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment